Manga-based Doramas

I'm currently having a break. And due to joblessness and schoolessness (haha and linguistic prowesslessness), my attention has been pretty much on improving my Japanese listening skills. Ok, so that might be stretching it a bit (although I don't think it'd be wrong to say that it's definitely - or hopefully, rather - a side effect of what I've been up to)... I've just been watching some doramas. After scanning through my list of doramas, I realised that the ones I watch tend to be based on manga. Some of such shows are Nobuta wo Produce, Zettai Kareshi (ZK), Atashinchi no Danshi, Hanazakari no Kimitachi E (HanaKimi), One Pound Gospel, and Gokusen. Some of these manga I've read, others I've heard of (and have the reputation of having pretty strong fanbases).

There's something about manga-doramas that fascinates me... especially for shows like ZK or HanaKimi, whose mangakas are top in my list. Granted, doramas can't turn out exactly like the mangas of which they represent, it can't always be 100% similar to the manga it is trying to portray. Case in point: the ZK dorama plot was changed perhaps a bit too much for my liking. I guess it's a good thing that the last time I read the manga was more than 4 years ago, because my memory (or lack thereof) of the show would probably make me even more disappointed... so yeah, I consider ZK dorama as its own kinda-sorta story,'inspired' by the ZK manga. I considered reading ZK manga again, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because it was too good (and sad). I remember being depressed for about a week because of it. HanaKimi manga, too, had a big effect on my mood after I finished reading it. What am I trying to say here? I've completely forgotten. But anyway.

Watching the dorama version of a manga I guess might be the next 'optional' step after reading a manga. The story's value and competence at delivering the messages originally intended by the mangaka can be changed, misconstrued and conflicting with the ideas of the show's producers... but still, it's interesting to see what's the same and what's different. In other words, it's nice to know whether the 'real life' version of the manga fits with the way we picture it in our heads.

In any case, this is just me rambling about manga-related stuff, sans a proper review. Because I'm just a lazy arse that way. :T

じゃ、まった。

Comments

  1. Hi, remember me? Hisashiburi!

    I love this post simply because I have watched most of the doramas that u mentioned. HanaKimi, ZK, Gokusen, Atashinchi no Danshi, 1lb gospel....

    But my fav is Gokusen 1 & 2 simply beacuse of the plot and the comic undertone. Another reason is i love Matsujun (s1) and Kamenashi Kazuya (s2)... Owh! I also love 1lb Gospel because it's uber-sweeet! And also because of Kamenashi Kayuza as well.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kikuri-hime! hisashiburi :D

    haha gotta love those doramas ne :D

    kamekazuuuuuuuuuuuu <3

    and matsujun is always such a coolguy. argh suddenly reminded of kimi wo petto! *dies*

    hehe. we're such fangirls :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts